Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Credo 2/22/12

I believe in...

Watching the sun rise
     never telling lies
Bright lights on the highway
    dancing the night away
Moving to the beat of the bass
    knowing of your lips I'll have another taste
The feeling in your stomach when you jump on a trampoline
    feeling like a rock star in your favorite jeans
Loosing your voice at a show
    always having a golden glow
The humbling power of the open ocean reminding us we have the world at our finger tips
     never being afraid to take another sip
The wind in my hair
     living without a care
The sun kissing my skin
    not worrying if I'm thin
Animals running free
    watching you fall in love with me
Sleepovers we had
    all the styles we rocked that were just lame fads
Smiles so wide and laughter so loud
    every bright star around each puffy cloud
Bonds too tight to be broken
    our minds always being outspoken
Speeding with the windows down
    spending day and night finding ourselves downtown
Hardships faced with courage
    growing each day to soon flourish
The music and lyrics that made us who we are
    trying desperately to play a guitar
The beautiful phases of the moon
    seeing it reassures me I'll see you again soon
Rooting for our favorite teams
    going confidently in the direction of our dreams
Nights that last forever
    friendships too strong to ever sever
Birds that soar in the sky so high
    never saying goodbye
The people who made you
    sticking with them like glue
Waves crashing against all the rocks rocks
    seeing so much time has past according to these clocks
The horizon at sunset
    not being ready to go home just yet
Sand between our toes
   singing but not knowing how the hec the song goes
In these beliefs I am bound
   I will never fear my own sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment